Onam is the official festival of state Kerala. It is highly an official festival of Kerela. It is the harvest festival, and it is one of the three important festivals in south India. Let’s see more about it:
10 LINES ON ONAM:
- It is the official state festival of Kerela.
- The celebration of Onam starts from the first day of Malayalam.
- The celebration of Onam continues for ten days with great zeal & zest.
- On this festival people enjoy four holidays which are approved by the state.
- It is celebrated with great enthusiasm all over the state of Kerela.
- Onam is also celebrated as the week for tourism.
- It is derived from the Sanskrit word, Shravanam.
- The celebration is taken as the nakshatra of the Lord Vishnu.
- It is also celebrated as the coming back of Mahabali King to home.
- Many people from different cities come to Kerela to witness it.
10 LINES ON ONAM IN ENGLISH:
- It is the annual & official festival of the state Kerela.
- It is celebrated annually in August & September.
- It is also celebrated as tourism week.
- It commemorates the celebration of King Mahabali.
- It is celebrated by the people of Kerela very happily with great enthusiasm.
- Many rituals & religious activities take place these days.
- It also shows the gorgeous culture of the state of Kerela.
- All the residents of Kerela wear new & good clothes at this festival.
- People also decorate the carpet with several flowers.
- On this auspicious occasion, people also make colorful rangolis.
FEW LINES ON ONAM:
- It is a very auspicious occasion and is celebrated by the people of Kerela.
- It falls in August & September, according to the Gregorian calendar.
- This festival is dedicated to the King of Kerela, Mahabali.
- He was a powerful king of Kerela.
- There are ten days of this festival which have their particular names.
- People decorate a carpet with various flowers to welcome their king.
- As this festival is celebrated in the memory of Mahabali, as he came back to his home.
- All residents of Kerela wear new clothes on this auspicious occasion.
- Many delicious dishes are cooked by the residents of Kerela at this festival.
- There is also a big boat race & many people take a part in it, called Vallamkali.