Janmashtami is a great festival that is dedicated to Lord Krishna. He was the eighth avatar of Lord Vishnu. He showed various miracles. He was the eighth son of the Devaki and Vasudev in Mathura. He spent his initial life at the home of Nand Baba.
10 Lines on Janmashtami:
- It is a festival that is celebrated by Hindus every year.
- It is celebrated due to the birth anniversary of Lord Krishna.
- Lord Krishna was born to save people from evil and bad doings.
- He is the symbol of removing all the hurdles from one’s life.
- He is considered as the eighth avatar of the Lord Vishnu.
- He holds a flute in his hand always, while there is a feather of a peacock on his head.
- He played the role of mentor, teacher & helper.
- Lord Krishna killed the king of Mathura who was cruel named Kansa.
- He released the people from the cruelties of Kansa.
- He blessed the knowledge of Shrimad Bhagavad Gita.
10 Lines on Janmashtami in English:
- This festival is celebrated with great zeal and zest by Hindus.
- On this day, the devotees of Krishna gather at his temples.
- Some people keep a whole day fast, while some rely on fruits only.
- It is also known as the Gokul Ashtami.
- It is celebrated as the blessed birth anniversary of Lord Krishna.
- It is observed in August or September according to the Georgian calendar.
- It is a very important day for many people who perform Vaishnavism.
- People pray on this day very much with great devotion.
- He was the eighth son of the mother Devika and Lord Vasudev.
- He was brought up at Gokul due to his uncle Kansa.
Few Lines on Janmashtami:
- This festival is celebrated on the eighth day of the Bhadrapada.
- Lots of devotees gather at the temple of Lord Krishna.
- Many people keep fast on this day, while some don’t eat onion or garlic on this day.
- People worship & pray a lot on this day.
- He was the son of Mother Devaki but mother Yashoda brought up him.
- It is celebrated worldwide by the Hindus.
- Children, women & old worship & enjoy this day.
- Schools and the colleges remain closed on this day.
- People also celebrate this day by flying kites in the sky.
- People also share sweets & sing songs of Lord Krishna on this day.